Welcome Back Mariners

MCU President Brain MarcotteAs our students return to the picturesque Oceanview campus this month, MCU prepares to celebrate its 50th year as an institution of higher learning.

President Brian Marcotte shared his thoughts about beginning this historic year at the university.

“As we welcome everyone back for the fall 2018 semester, I would like to take a moment to thank all of our students, faculty, staff and friends—past and present—for their part in helping Marymount California University fulfill its mission,” Marcotte said.

“From a very personal standpoint, I am thrilled to begin our 50th year here at Marymount. I have met many of our incoming freshmen and their parents at our Advising Days throughout the summer, and I am so pleased they will be joining us. I look forward to welcoming back our returning students, as well. It is such a pleasure to watch their progress toward graduation, as they build on their Mariner experience.”

Marcotte also shared some changes happening this fall at the university.

“This year, we are excited for the opportunity to bring all of our classes, as well as our MBA students, together at our beautiful Oceanview campus. We can learn a lot from one another,” Marcotte continued.

“I hope I will have the opportunity to personally welcome you all on campus, in classrooms, in the cafeteria and at our NAIA athletic events as we begin the fall season. I also hope you will join us to celebrate our 50-year milestone in MCU history at our Gala celebration in September. It’s going to be a great year, and I am honored to be a part of it!”

About Marymount

Marymount California University has two distinct campuses in Los Angeles County, each offering a unique set of learning opportunities.

• Oceanview Academic Campus, Palos Verdes
  • The Villas Residential Campus, San Pedro