Applying for Admission at Marymount
- Complete the online application. (Required)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended. (Required)
- Personal Statement – A one-to-two-page document that gives the Admission Office a glimpse into who you are and an idea of your career aspirations. It also is an opportunity to tell why you want to attend Marymount. (Required)
- Letters of Recommendation – Two letters from college professors or employers that can attest your abilities as a student or employee. (Strongly Recommended)
- Resume – Should highlight work experience along with other accomplishments ( i.e. volunteer experience, school honors, community involvement, additional skills, etc.) (Recommended)
Accepting Applications: The Office of Admission will continue to accept graduate applications as long as space is available. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding application acceptance.
The WASC Senior College and University Commission has accredited our Master of Science degree in Leadership and Global Development, our Master of Science degree in Community Psychology, and our Master of Business Administration.
Required for all programs (MBA, MS Community Psychology, MS Leadership & Global Development):
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to enrollment
- Completion of college-level Statistics* class with a grade of C or better
*Class may be taken at Marymount.
Program Specific Requirements:
MS Community Psychology
- Completion of 6 units of coursework in either Psychology, Social Science or Behavioral Science
- Completion of college-level Financial Accounting* with a grade of C or better
*Class may be taken at Marymount.
Health Forms Requirement
The University requires all graduate students to complete the MCU Medical Information Form. This form should be completed before classes begin in your initial term.
Graduate applicants that are deemed to be deficient in academic preparation can be offered probationary admission. Applicants admitted on probation are required to successfully complete one required prerequisite course as identified in their admission letter within their first semester.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Complete a baccalaureate degree at an accredited college or university
- Minimum score for the TOEFL test
- 550 on the paper-based test
- 79-80 on the internet-based test or
- 213 or more on the computer-based test
- Students may submit IETLS scores (with a score of 6.5 or better with a score of no less than 6.5 on any individual module) in place of TOEFL scores. The language proficiency requirement may be waived if the applicant is a native English speaker and/or English is the language of instruction for the applicant’s degree granting institution.
- International students are required to provide evidence of immunization (measles, mumps, rubella)
- International students are required to purchase medical insurance coverage through the University unless comparable proof of insurance is demonstrated
- Applicants must arrange with an independent organization to have a document-by-document review of their educational credentials, which includes a course-by-course evaluation. For a list of the various organizations that can provide these services, click here.
The purpose of these organizations is to confirm that the applicant’s undergraduate experience is the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited U.S. college or university and to determine prerequisite requirements.
Statement of Financial Support
After being admitted all international applicants requiring F-1 Student Status must complete a Confidential Statement of Financial Support Form before an I-20 can be issued. A letter or statement from a bank official may replace the required bank verification form.
After the Office of Admissions has received your Confidential Statement of Financial Support Form showing sufficient funds, we will issue you a Form I-20 and mail it to your foreign address. This is an important immigration document that you will need for your F1 visa interview. You will also need this document for your entry to the U.S. so please keep this with your passport at all times.