Complete Your Degree at Marymount
Marymount California University makes it convenient and affordable to complete your Bachelor’s degree in Business, Psychology, Media Studies or Liberal Arts. We welcome students who are interested in transferring to Marymount from other institutions.
You are considered a transfer student if you have graduated from high school (or earned a comparable diploma) and have completed or attempted course work at any college or university.
Requirements for Consideration
The following documents are required in order to apply for admission as a transfer student:
- A completed admission application accompanied by a nonrefundable applications fee of $50 or an official University Board Fee Waiver form.
- An official high school transcript showing high school graduation date for students transferring fewer than 60 credit hours.
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities or other post-secondary institutions at which course work was attempted or completed.
The following documents are recommended (but not required) for admission consideration:
- An academic letter of recommendation from an instructor, counselor or adviser. Applicants not currently enrolled in studies may submit an employer or personal reference.
- Personal statement, essay or writing samples.
- Interviews may be requested of some candidates.
Marymount California University Transfer Guarantee
Ensure your admission to the University without having to complete any additional forms or applications. Marymount currently guarantees admission to transfer applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Completion of college-level composition (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of college-level mathematics with a grade of C or better.
- Cumulative 2.75 GPA in transferable courses.
- Completion of at least 24 semester units.
Applicants must submit their application and official transcript by Feburary 1 to take advantage of this admission guarantee.
Marymount California University participates in federal and state financial aid programs and offers institutional aid for students who qualify. We encourage transfer students to apply for financial aid as soon as possible. Transfer students can complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application via the Internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Students who currently are receiving financial aid at a different institution will be required to add Marymount California University’s school code 010474 to the FAFSA.
In addition, Marymount California University offers Transfer Scholarships based on your academic performance at the collegiate level. The information from your application for admission, including official transcripts of all college work attempted, will be considered. No separate application is required. The Office of Admission will notify you in your acceptance packet if you meet the qualifications for this scholarship.