Our kitchen philosophy is simple. We:
- Start with food in its simplest, most natural form
- Cook from scratch using fresh, authentic ingredients
- Purchase local and seasonal products
- Make our food come alive with flavor and nutrition
Our freezers are small and our intention to serve great food is big because we care about our guests. Fresh ingredients are complemented with cooking techniques that preserve nutrition and produce healthy, flavorful dishes. With food, diversity is key. Our ethnic programs were crafted using hands-on research with real people in real kitchens to bring you the best options.
To see this week’s menu go to: http://marymount.cafebonappetit.com/
To sign up for a dining plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Menus are written based on seasonality and availability of regional fresh product and, whenever possible, are produced using sustainable and organic practices
- Chicken and turkey are raised without the routine use of human antibiotics as feed additives
- Beef and other meats are raised without antibiotics as a first preference
- Milk is free of antibiotics and artificial bovine growth hormone as available
- A minimum of one vegetarian entrée is available at each meal period
- Healthy nutritional choices are offered at each meal period
- Salsas, pizza, marinara and other sauces are made from scratch
- Stocks are made from scratch the day before use to ensure the removal of fats
- Turkey and beef are roasted in-house daily for deli meat
- Tuna is dolphin-safe and packed in water
- Seafood is purchased fresh when available and salmon is wild-caught (we support the Seafood Watch guidelines as recommended by the Monterey Bay Aquarium)
- Hamburgers are made with fresh ground chuck, not frozen
- Olive and canola oils are used for everyday salad dressings, specialty oils for other purposes (i.e., walnut oil or chili oil)
- We only use non-hydrogenated canola oil in our fryers to minimize the presence of trans-fatty acids in our foods
- All salad dressings are made from scratch, but nonfat and low-calorie dressings may be purchased as necessary
- Seasonal vegetables and fruits are always our first choice and are purchased fresh
- Vegetables are prepared in batches at the last possible minute and served in the smallest possible batches
- The use of MSG is never allowed in the preparation of our foods
- Mashed potatoes are made from fresh potatoes
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice is used for cooking and sauces
- Cookies, muffins and breads (where possible) are baked fresh daily
Oceanview Campus – Bistro by the Sea – Operated by Bon Appetit Management Company, the University has a tradition of offering a high quality dining experience for students, faculty and staff. Students participating in the foodservice program typically access foodservices at this location.
*Café Closes at 2:00 p.m. every Friday
Commuter Students can choose from the following:
See the Café Manager or Cashiers for more detailed information about these plans.
Waterfront Campus – Students with classes at this location typically access foodservices at the Oceanview Campus, when there. In addition, a variety of $ 5.00 lunch selections are available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Restaurant located across 6th St. from the Waterfront campus. Lunches are available here from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday – Friday with a University I.D.
Olguin – Students taking classes at this location typically access foodservices at the Oceanview campus. Limited vending are available
San Pedro Residential Community – Outtakes is located in Mariners Landing and offers grab and go items, drinks and sundries.
Friday – Saturday: 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
San Pedro Apartment Building – Students living here typically access University foodservices on the Oceanview campus or at the Waterfront campus (lunch only). This site provides limited vending options.
Lakeview Campus – No foodservices are currently provided