Thea Domingo – Grad of the Week

We are thrilled to kick off the 2018 Grad of the Week series by featuring Thea Domingo.

MCU Graduating Senior Thea Domingo

We enjoyed getting to know Thea and think you will too!

What is your major?

Arts & Media – Interdisciplinary Concentration (Business Minor)

What are your plans after graduation? Your hopes for after graduation?

Following graduation, I am happy to say that I will be participating in the Disney College Program! My overall hope is to land a job in the entertainment or music industries, one that will lead to a career that will keep me financially stable (and happy!).

What have you been involved in while at MCU?

In addition to working as a Peer Advisor, I also worked in the Financial Aid and the Admissions Offices during the summers. I have been involved with Campus Ministry, Music, and Theatre; I was the President of the Drama Club and the Music Professionals group. I also studied abroad in Germany and am a part of Phi Theta Kappa and Delta Epsilon Sigma.

What is your favorite memory of MCU?

My favorite memory of MCU would probably be the days I would bring my maternal grandfather with me to school. During his last few months, I would bring him with me to the Tuesday masses and spend that extra time with him.

What advice do you have for other students?

Get involved, but not to the point where you spread yourself too thin. I would always tell myself, “Why am I stressing so much? I have to remember to not put so many things on my plate next semester,” and I would go and put myself through it all over again. Pushing your boundaries is always good, but not if you’re not happy with your life in the end.

What was your favorite experience at MCU?

I’ll never forget the time I was hired as a Peer Advisor. It came with so many firsts: my first job, the first MCU people that accepted me into their family, and the first of many opportunities at Marymount. I will always be  grateful for them.

Your favorite faculty member and your favorite class at MCU?

Honestly? I can’t choose! Every class brought new challenges or friends, sometimes both. I’m very thankful for the knowledge that I have gained throughout all the courses I have taken at Marymount.

Connect with Thea on Linkedin.

We look forward to introducing you to a new graduating senior each week until graduation. See all of the Grads of the Week who have been recognized so far.