Ashley Hoyos – Grad of the Week

Ashley Hoyos MCU Grad of the Week

We are happy to introduce you to graduating senior Ashley Hoyos. See why she’s featured by reading her profile, then connect with her on Linkedin to stay in touch!

What is your major?

Psychology

What are your plans after graduation? Your hopes for after graduation?

After graduating from Marymount I plan to pursue a higher degree at Pepperdine University. I hope to get accepted into their Marriage and Family Therapist program. I want to one day be able to open up a practice of my own to help families of low income who cannot afford therapy.

What have you been involved in while at MCU?

Service Learning was a huge part of my involvement here at Marymount. I was a part of the program for my three years here at Marymount.

What is your favorite memory of MCU?

My favorite memory here at MCU would be my freshman year birthday surprise. I was at my dorm when my friends surprised me with cake and balloons. This was my favorite memory because I could not believe what they pulled together for me after only knowing them for several months. We became quick friends and now I live with them. They are lifelong friends worth keeping! smiley face emoji

What advice do you have for other students?

One piece of advice I would say is to take advantage of this time to become the best version of yourself. These four years of our lives are what we have left until we really step out into the real world. Where our parents are going to look to us to put all the silly play behind us and get those things they call “careers.” Enjoy the independence college has to offer because I sure did!

What was your favorite experience at MCU?

One thing I am going to miss at Marymount are the Disneyland trips every spring semester. This was always my favorite experience because: one the price, and two it was the one time my friends and I would all go to Disneyland together. It’s hard to find the time as well as save up money to go there but Marymount made that possible for us, so thanks MCU!

Your favorite faculty member and your favorite class at MCU?

My all time favorite faculty member is Susan Garman. She is a joy to be around and I did not have a day where I was down because of her. She made my experience here at Marymount worth staying despite the many challenges I faced.