Graduate of the Week – Selye Elena Losoya

MCU Graduate of the Week Selye Elena Losoya

Say hi to our second Grad of the Week, Selye Elena Losoya.  Here are her responses to our interview questions:

What advice do you have for current students?

The best piece of advice I can offer is to take advantage of all the great opportunities MCU provides and ENJOY.THE.VIEW. Get involved in a little bit of everything because you never know what you will fall in love with. MCU does a great job of offering a variety of job opportunities, student leadership opportunities, and activities that fit different lifestyles.

What was your favorite experience at MCU?

One of my favorite experiences at MCU as been the opportunity to Co-Chair a nationally recognized program, Tunnel of Oppression.” I fell in love with the planning process; we talked and acted out scenes related to very controversial topics that affect our every day lives, decided which topics will have a greater impact on our students, wrote scripts, and built the Tunnel” environment. It took several months to plan, but at the end of the year we won the Outstanding Student Led Educational Program. In that moment I was very proud of myself and what my team had created.