Think of your advisors as your partners in planning — here to help you explore your academic goals and identify classes and opportunities to help you achieve them. Each meeting with your academic advisor is an opportunity to talk with an expert about ways to enhance your personal and professional development.
We can also alert you to opportunities you might not know exist — both inside and outside the classroom — and help you stay on track in meeting degree requirements.
Academic advisors also can help you:
- Identify required and elective courses
- Select and sequence your courses
- Plan your schedule
- Choose, change or add a major
- Add or drop a class
- Transfer credits
- Receive credit for study abroad
- Request a leave of absence/withdrawal
- Monitor your degree progress
- Access campus resources and services
- Understand university policies and procedures
- Learn more effective study skills and manage your time
How to contact your advisor
The Center for Academic and Professional Success will assign each student an advisor.
MCU Students, click here to schedule an appointment with your advisor (you must be logged into your MCU email).
- Identify what you need to discuss with your advisor.
- Select your advisor. The booking system will show you times that are available.
- Please note that you can meet with someone other than your assigned advisor if the matter is urgent, for example, you need quick help registering or you have a form due.
- You may also contact the Success Center by phone or the general advising email.
We are here to guide you in your academic journey.
9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
9 a.m.-3 p.m. (Friday)