Double your degrees
Every MCU program confers two degrees: an associate degree as a midway milestone and a bachelor’s degree as a launch pad to careers.
Meet with an advisor to set your plan, stay on track and graduate with two degrees in four years. If you do your part, we’ll do ours. We guarantee it.
Choose an associate degree concentration to complement your bachelor’s degree.
- Computer Programming
- Criminal Justice
- Data Analysis
- Game Development
- Philosophy/Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Video Production
- Web Design
- Earn a minimum of 60 units. No more than three units of developmental coursework may be applied to the 60-unit minimum.
- Complete the Marymount core competency requirements.
- Meet all concentration requirements if applicable. AA students may opt for a concentration, which comprises three courses.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00.
- Satisfy the residency requirements:
- Earn a minimum of 30 units at MCU. No more than three units of developmental coursework may be applied to the 30-unit minimum.
- Once matriculated, a student may transfer in a maximum of 18 units from another institution.
Students earning an associate degree from Marymount must complete core competencies and a total of 60 units. Remaining units may be applied to a major or concentration, transfer requirements or electives. Electives include any college level course listed in the catalog or accepted as transfer credit to fulfill the 60-unit degree requirement. Only three developmental units may be applied to any MCU degree.
If you are pursuing a bachelor’s degree, please refer to specific requirements for your bachelor’s degree.
View core requirements[“View core requirements” link to: AA Core Competency Requirements page]