Academic Requirements for Graduate Admissions
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or internationally accredited institution prior to enrollment
- Completion of college-level Statistics* with a grade of C or better
- Completion of college-level Financial Accounting* with a grade of C or better
* The strongest applicants will have completed these courses prior to application, but they may be taken at MCU during the program. Your admission will be considered provisional if admitted without one or both courses and will reflect as much on your admission letter. Completion of both is required for successful completion of the program and graduation.
Graduate Application Requirements
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended (See Additional Requirements for International Graduate Applicants)
- Personal Statement
A one-to-two-page document that gives the reviewing Admissions Representative a glimpse into who you are, and an idea of your career aspirations. It also is an opportunity to share why you want to attend MCU.
- Letters of Recommendation
Two letters from college professors or employers that can attest your abilities as a student or employee.
Should highlight work experience along with other academic and/or civic achievements.
Health Forms Requirement
The University requires all graduate students to complete the the MCU Medical Information Form. This form should be completed before classes begin in your initial term.
Additional Requirements International Graduate Applicants
- Establish English language proficiency
- An ets.org official TOEFL score of a 79 iBT Test – Scores must be less than 2 years old to be accepted as valid proof
- An ielts.org official IELTS score of a 6.5 Test – Scores must be less than 2 years old to be accepted as valid proof
- Native English speakers who are citizens of a country with English as the official language, or English is the official language of academic instruction of the student’s undergraduate degree.
- International applicants must arrange with an independent organization to have a document-by-document review of their official transcripts from any college or university attended outside the United States, which includes a course-by-course evaluation. MCU currently accepts either a “Course-by-Course” evaluation from World Education Services,W.E.S., or a “Detailed Report with Course Level Identification” from the International Education Research Foundation, I.E.R.F.
- The purpose of these organizations is to confirm that the applicant’s undergraduate experience is the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited U.S. college or university and to determine prerequisite requirements.
- All international applicants requiring an F-1 student visa must complete a Confidential Statement of Financial Support Form before an I-20 can be issued. A financial support letter or bank statement must be accompanied by the Confidential Statement of Financial Support form. All these documents should be uploaded into the application.
After the Office of Admissions has received your Confidential Statement of Financial Support Form showing sufficient funds, we will issue you a Form I-20 and mail it to your foreign address. This is an important immigration document that you will need for your F1 visa interview. The Office of International Services will be in touch with you regarding all immigration-related information.