Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Deliver convincing written, verbal and digital presentations relating to the analysis and interpretation of financial statements and accounting topics.
- Use Microsoft Excel-based financial modeling and accounting information systems applications to interpret, analyze and plan.
- Evaluate competing options and reflect on ethical, legal and regulatory implications to support accounting-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Recognize and articulate the perspectives of multiple constituencies in a global context with a focus on the creation of value and attention to differences in international accounting standards and conventions.
- Apply conceptual tools and expertise in accounting to real-world situations.
Demonstration of Program Outcomes
These results show Marymount graduates’ proficiency levels in the expected learning outcomes for this program. Faculty make this assessment in designated degree-level assessment courses in which students demonstrate what they’ve learned.
Marymount’s Bachelor of Science in Accounting program produces graduates who are collaborative, analytical, and effective communicators.