Bachelor of Science in Digital Communication Media
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Use critical thought to analyze and critique professional and academic forms of communication media.
- Discuss and write about key concepts in the study of media, culture and communication within a historical and contemporary context.
- Research and develop visual planning strategies for creative solutions related to adaptive design competence and learn basic business practices and professional standards of various digital media industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and create professional level artwork using industry standard digital technologies, including Apple MacIntosh, Avid Media Composer; Autodesk Maya and Adobe Creative Suite software applications.
- Demonstrate outcomes of design and media skills with a senior portfolio, resume and presentation.
Demonstration of Program Outcomes
These results show Marymount graduates’ proficiency levels in the expected learning outcomes for this program. Faculty make this assessment in the final (capstone) course in which students demonstrate what they’ve learned.
Marymount’s Bachelor of Science in Digital Communication Media program produces career-ready graduates with strong technology and visual media skills.