How to Apply
Next steps for freshmen applicants
Sign up to receive more information about our majors and programs.
Tour our campus. Meet with admissions representatives, students and professors. And check out our two-story townhomes.
Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to see if you qualify for financial aid. (Marymount’s school code is: 010474) Visit MCU’s Office of Financial Aid to learn what options are available.
- February 1: Priority consideration deadline
- March 1: Regular consideration deadline
- October 15: Priority consideration deadline
- November 15: Regular consideration deadline
We give careful consideration to all applicants who apply to Marymount California University. Our application process is designed to discover who you are as an individual and how you might benefit from the opportunities available at Marymount. We conduct a holistic review of your application to consider academic performance and personal qualities demonstrated in community involvement, extracurricular activities and achievements.
We strongly recommend the following college-prep curriculum:
- English — Four years
- Mathematics — Three years (Algebra, Geometry and Intermediate Algebra)
- History/social sciences — Two years
- Natural science — Two years
- Foreign language — Two years
- Academic elective courses — One to two years
Required application documents
- A completed admission application accompanied by a nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- An official high school transcript.
- A personal statement or essay that gives us a glimpse into who you are, your career aspirations and why you want to attend MCU.
The following documents are recommended (but not required) for admission and merit scholarship consideration:
- Standardized ACT, SAT and/or TOEFL test scores.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor.
Please also review additional requirements if you are an international applicant.
Discuss your financial aid options with MCU’s Office of Financial Aid. You may qualify for merit or need-based scholarships, grants, loans, work-study and more.
We offer first-time freshman merit scholarships, endowed scholarships, athletic scholarships, transfer merit scholarships and arts scholarships. MCU scholarships range from $5,000-$15,000 per year and are awarded based on high school GPA and ACT or SAT scores.