How to Apply
Next steps for transfer students
Sign up to receive more information about our majors and programs.
Tour our campus. Meet with admissions representatives, students and professors. And check our our two-story townhomes.
Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to see if you qualify for financial aid. (Marymount’s school code is: 010474) Visit MCU’s Office of Financial Aid to learn what options are available.
- February 1: Priority consideration deadline
- March 1: Regular consideration deadline
- October 15: Priority consideration deadline
- November 15: Regular consideration deadline
- A completed admission application accompanied by a nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- An official high school transcript showing high school graduation date for students transferring fewer than 60 credit hours.
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities or other post-secondary institutions attended.
- A personal statement or essay that gives us a glimpse into who you are, your career aspirations and why you want to attend MCU.
Please also review additional requirements if you are an international applicant.
Transfer to Marymount without having to complete any additional forms or applications. Marymount currently guarantees admission to transfer applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Completion of college-level composition with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of college-level mathematics with a grade of C or better.
- Cumulative 2.75 GPA in transferable courses.
- Completion of at least 24 transferable units.
Students who left MCU in good academic standing and who were not dismissed are eligible for readmission. You must reapply and submit transcripts for any course completed (C or higher for credit) since last term of enrollment.
As a member of Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU), Marymount California University guarantees admission, at junior standing, for students graduating with an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) who want to finish their degree at a private, nonprofit institution like MCU.
Available ADT Pathways at MCU
Marymount guarantees ADT students junior standing and assures MCU degree completion with no more than 68 additional units. Guaranteed degree pathways: