Complete Your Degree at Marymount
Marymount California University makes it convenient and affordable to complete your Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Business, Criminal Justice, Digital Communications, Psychology, or Multi-disciplinary Studies. We welcome students who are interested in transferring to Marymount from other institutions.
You are considered a transfer student if you have graduated from high school (or earned a comparable diploma) and have completed or attempted course work at any college or university.
Requirements for Consideration
The following documents are required in order to apply for admission as a transfer student:
- A completed admission application accompanied by a nonrefundable applications fee of $50 or an official University Board Fee Waiver form.
- An official high school transcript showing high school graduation date for students transferring fewer than 60 credit hours.
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities or other post-secondary institutions at which course work was attempted or completed.
The following documents are recommended (but not required) for admission consideration:
- An academic letter of recommendation from an instructor, counselor or adviser. Applicants not currently enrolled in studies may submit an employer or personal reference.
- Personal statement, essay or writing samples.
- Interviews may be requested of some candidates.
Readmission to MCU
Upon competition of the appropriate application, students who left MCU in good academic standing and who were not dismissed, are eligible for readmission and must submit transcripts for any course completed (C of higher for credit) since last term of enrollment.
Marymount California University Transfer Guarantee
Ensure your admission to the University without having to complete any additional forms or applications. Marymount currently guarantees admission to transfer applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Completion of college-level composition (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better.
- Completion of college-level mathematics with a grade of C or better.
- Cumulative 2.75 GPA in transferable courses.
- Completion of at least 24 semester units.
Applicants must submit their application and official transcript by February 1 to take advantage of this admission guarantee.
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Pathway
As a member of Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU), Marymount California University participates in the transfer pathway for college students graduating with an Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or an Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) from a California community college and wishing to transfer to a four-year independent, nonprofit institution like Marymount California University (MCU).
Much like the current CSU ADT pathway, Marymount California University will commit to guaranteeing admission for ADT students who apply, as well as accepting a minimum of 60 units transferred, and assure these students start at MCU with a junior standing. Read more