Email and Collaboration
Office 365 provides Marymount students, faculty and staff with cloud-based email, calendaring and task management tools on your desktop and mobile devices. Because Office 365 is powered by the cloud, you can access your applications and files from virtually anywhere—PC, Mac and tablets—and they’re always up to date. To access the Office 365 suite of applications, including your MCU email account online, go to http://portal.office.com and use your MCU email and password to log in.
What is my MCU email address?
Your MCU email address is your MCU Username@marymountcalifornia.edu. For example, if the username you log into the Student Portal with is johntcu, then your MCU email address will be email@example.com.
What is my MCU email address Password?
Your MCU email password is the same password you use for your Student Portal access.
New students will be provisioned with a personal MCU email account when a commitment deposit is made to the University.
- Large message storage capacity that includes 50 gigabytes of email storage for each user.
- Access to your email, calendar and contacts from your desktop or mobile device, including iOS and Android-based phones and tablets.
- Built-in spam message filtering and integrated anti-spam tools for smoother control of email filtering and identification.
- Access to the online versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, allowing you to work anytime, anywhere.
- OneDrive for Business, a cloud-based storage solution, lets you store, edit and share documents, with access from any PC or mobile device.
Outlook on the web (formerly known as Outlook Web App or Outlook Web Access) lets you access your Marymount email, calendar, address book and tasks on any computer through a web browser. You can also use a desktop email client or a mobile device to access your Office 365 email and calendar.
- To use Outlook on the web, the web-based email client for Office 365, open a web browser and go to https://portal.office.com.
- Authenticate with your Marymount NetID (username + password).
OneDrive for Business is a cloud-based document storage solution and sharing tool that can be accessed through the web or through desktop and mobile applications.
- Store up to 5 terabytes of documents.
- Share files with fellow Marymount faculty, staff, students and anyone with a Microsoft account.
- Edit your documents online using Microsoft’s Office Online software.
- Upload files up to 10 gigabytes in size.
To access your OneDrive:
- Login to your Office 365 account using your Marymount NetID.
- Click on the blue Apps button at the top left of the browser window and select OneDrive.
- Click the New button to create a new Microsoft Office document in your OneDrive.
- Click on the Upload button to upload files and folders from your computer to a Folder in OneDrive
Web and video conferencing services allow users to hold or attend live meetings, conferences, presentations and trainings via the Internet. Sessions can be initiated through Zoom, an audio, video and web conferencing cloud service. The service allows up to 100 participants to simultaneously collaborate over the Internet from any location with a computer and Internet connection. To host a Zoom video conference, please contact Educational Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-303-7681