Internship & Career Planning
We’re all about your future
The mission of the Internship & Career Planning Office is to provide students and alumni with a variety of professional development training, guidance, programming, and opportunities in order to instill the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary for securing substantial internships/practicums while enrolled and thus satisfying employment after graduating.
We get you there step by step
Consider the Internship and Career Planning office as a major stepping stone to your future. We strive to assist every student select a career path that matches their interests and strengths and we connect students with fulfilling internships that provide hands-on experience to validate that choice.
We facilitate trainings and workshops on everything from creating resumes and cover letters to networking and interview preparation. We help you target potential internship and job opportunities and then teach you how to market yourself to them.
- Create resumes and cover letters
- Search for internships and jobs
- Prepare for interviews
- Perfect your networking skills
- Market yourself on professional social media sites such as LinkedIn
- Connect with employers and professionals in a variety of industries
- Earn academic credit for an internship every fall, spring and summer
- When you find an internship, the Career Planning office will assist you with enrolling in the internship course for credit
- 1 unit = 60 hours of work completed throughout the semester; 2 units = 120 hours, 3 units = 180 hours, 4 = 240 hours, etc.