Is graduate school in your future?
If you are interested in pursuing graduate school after MCU, you’ll need to:
- Determine your career goals.
- Select the most relevant degree type: MBA, MA, MSW, MEd, PhD, MD, JD, etc.
- Research and apply to graduate programs. Consider the following:
- Time commitment
- Modality (in-person or online)
Next step checklist
- Research the most suitable graduate programs. Consult with mentors, faculty/staff, family and professional contacts.
- Select 5-8 programs, utilizing the three-tier approach.
- Dream schools
- Realistic/challenging schools
- Safety schools
- Organize program and application details and create a timeline using a spreadsheet. Maintain record of application.
- Register for information sessions, campus (or virtual) tours and other opportunities to gain insight.
- Schedule and prepare for required entrance exams (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, CBEST, etc.).
- Write personal statement/statement of purpose and have it reviewed by faculty/staff or mentors.
- Update your resume and submit it to the Internship & Career Planning Office.
- Identify your references and request letters of recommendation at least one month in advance.
- Include degree/program name, deadline date, letter prompt and submission instructions.
- Attach your resume and personal statement.
- Order transcripts.
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Complete applications.
- Make your final decision.
Download the Graduate School Checklist.