Choosing a career path can be overwhelming and just plain stressful. Reflecting on your personality, skills, values and interests can be a first step toward gaining personal insight on what career is right for you.
- Learn insider information about companies, industries, and professions using Vault.
- Assess your career interests and strengths.
- Review the MCU career guides to learn more about our majors and what jobs you can do.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your academic plan and your potential major.
- Conduct informational interviews by talking to people doing the jobs that interest you. Take part in our Mariner Mentoring program.
- Pursue an internship or summer job within your field of interest by utilizing Mariner Career Connect.
- Participate in MCU career workshops and events.
- Update your social media accounts to present your best self to potential employers. The Internship & Career Planning Office can help you create a LinkedIn profile that highlights your experience and strengths.
- Make an appointment with the Internship & Career Planning Office in the Center for Academic and Professional Success and begin to develop your résumé.