Aligning Interests with Career Goals
Grab some paper or your favorite device and capture the answers to these questions…
- What’s always on your mind? What do you think about a lot? If you were on the computer/internet, what would you spend your time reading or searching most?
- What positive things do people say about you? What do people thank you for most often?
- Who inspires you? Who would you most like to be like? Who are your heroes, your role models? Who do you envy most?
- What do you help with that seems natural or easy for you? What do people come to you for? When you’re at your best, what does it look like?
- What are you amazing at doing (can be work- or life-related)? What are you great at? What do you do particularly well?
- When do you feel powerful, passionate, free, incredibly useful, excited, and/or inspired?
- Who do you want to help? Who would you like to inspire? Who’s lives would you like to change?
- If you had a chance to be known for something special or unique, what would it be? How do you feel you contribute (or could contribute) to society?
- How would you like to be seen, recognized, acknowledged, awarded, praised – now and/or in the future? What’s the legacy you want to leave behind? If you were to die tomorrow, what would you want people to say about you?
- What is your biggest fear? What’s is the thing that scares you the most?
- What are my values?
- What is my purpose?
- What was I born to do?
- What are my unique strengths and talents?
- What is it that I can do for the world?
- How can I use my strengths, values, ideals, and purpose to serve my community and the world?
- How do I want people to remember me?
- What would my ideal life look and feel like?
- What characteristics do I aspire to and want to cultivate?
- What principles do I want to live by?
- What would I do if I weren’t afraid
- How you want to treat your partner.
- How you want to handle challenges, hardships, struggles, obstacles.
- How you want to treat your body.
- How you want to serve people on a daily basis.
- How you want to learn.
- How you want to live your life.
- How you want to be remembered.
- What you want to achieve.
- Who you want to be, what you want to become.
- How you want to treat other people – may include family, friends, people you meet every day.
- How you interact with the world.