During the campus closure due to the coronavirus, unofficial transcripts, same day service, FedEx processing and in-person requests will not be available. Requests for transcripts to be sent by mail or of archived historical records will be processed once a week; requests for electronic delivery (except for archived historical records) will be processed the following business day. Note that due to varying campus policies, MCU cannot guarantee delivery of a mailed transcript to any other campus. All transcript requests must be made via the National Student Clearinghouse under Official Transcript (below).
All requests for transcripts must be submitted in writing. Per the Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA), we need to have your signature giving us permission to release a copy of your educational records and for this reason, we do not accept requests for transcripts over the telephone or by email.
An unofficial transcript is one that is NOT printed on official transcript paper with the Registrar’s signature and embossed university seal.
If you are currently enrolled, unofficial transcripts may be viewed and printed from the Student Portal, provided there are no outstanding obligations to the university.
Unofficial transcripts – $5 each
Same-day service – $25 each
FedEx service – $40 each
An official transcript is one that IS printed on official transcript paper with the Registrar’s signature and embossed university seal, delivered in an envelope sealed by the university or one that is processed securely via the electronic delivery option through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Ordering official transcripts is quick and easy using our online method. Marymount California University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcripts. You may use any major credit card, and your card will be charged only after your order is complete. Transcripts are processed each business day.
- To order an official transcript(s), login to the Clearinghouse secure site:
- The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. Order as many transcripts as you need in a single session. A $2.50 processing fee will be charged per recipient.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can check order status or history online at www.getmytranscript.com.
Official transcripts – $10 each
Same-day service – $25 each
FedEx service – $40 each
Transcripts will be placed on hold when there is an outstanding obligation to the university.
These obligations include but are not limited to:
- Missing transcripts
- Incomplete sanctions imposed as a result of violations of the university’s student code of conduct and/or academic integrity policies.
This hold will remain until the obligation has been satisfied.
I have a hold with an office. Can I still get an unofficial copy of my records?
No. ALL holds must be cleared to receive a transcript.
Will you mail my transcript to me, or will you only mail to the school?
It’s your record. We will send transcripts to any address you provide.
May I request transcripts and have a friend or relative pick them up?
Yes, but you must provide us information in writing about who has your permission to pick up your records. There is an area on the request form for special instructions.
Will you fax my transcript?
Yes. If you are asking us to fax your transcript to another institution, though, please check with their admissions or records office to be sure this is acceptable. Some institutions will not accept a faxed copy of your records as an official document.
Can a family member request a copy of my transcripts?
No. You alone have the authority to request copies of your academic records.
What if I don’t have a credit card?
Order your transcripts by mail and pay with a check. Send your request to:
Office of the Registrar
Marymount California University
30800 Palos Verdes Drive East
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275-6299
Be sure to include your name, signature, contact information and payment.
A verification is a request for a university to verify a student’s degree and enrollment information. Unlike a transcript, a verification is simply a confirmation of degrees earned and does not include course grades. Students may need certification of enrollment to defer student loans, provide proof of enrollment for health insurance, verify degrees for prospective employers or show proof of academic standing to enroll in another institution.
- An enrollment verification may not be requested until after until the add/drop deadline has passed.
- We verify one semester at a time.
- We can verify the current semester and the prior semester of enrollment.
- The Registrar cannot give grades as part of an enrollment verification, so you will need to request an official transcript instead.
- Lenders will require a new enrollment verification each semester.
- The Registrar will provide an enrollment verification should a deferment need to be resubmitted or faxed.
- There is no charge to fax deferment forms.
- It may take up to 72 hours to process your request.
Please refer to the enrollment and degree verification form to request a verification of enrollment status or a letter of completion confirming the conferral of your degree.