File & Form Center

International Services

Coming soon.



Independent and Directed Study Form
Submitting Grades in the Faculty Portal

Academic Petition – Used to request and explain why an exception to policy should be made.
Academic Progress Report – Used to indicate how a student is progressing during the semester, between the faculty and student. (This is not an official form that the Registrar staff fills out)
Change of Address – Used for physical or mailing address changes.
Change of Name Request – Used if a student has officially and legally changed his/her name, and would like it to appear on their Marymount records.
Course Schedule Planning Sheet – Used by students to help figure out time conflicts with classes and/or work, or other obligations.
Course Substitution Petition – Used to request that one course substitute for another to meet degree requirements.
Course Waiver Petition – Used to request that a course be waived from degree requirements.
Declaration/Change of Major – Used to declare or change a major, program, concentration or emphasis
Dismissal Appeal – Used to appeal dismissal from Marymount California University
Enrollment Verification – Used to verify a student’s enrollment status at the institution.
Incomplete Form – To request to receive an Incomplete Grade due to an extended absence or other circumstance preventing completion of a course by semester’s end.
Late Add  – Used to request to add, drop or withdraw from a course after the posted deadline.
Late Drop – Used to request to drop a course or drop all courses after the posted deadline.
Leave of Absence – Used to request a Leave of Absence according to Academic Policy.
Manual Registration Add Form – Used to add a course that requires approval, and which needs the Registrar to manually add to a student’s schedule.
Notice of Not Returning – Used to notify the University of a student’s plans not to return for the following semester.
Prerequisite Waiver – Used to request permission to take a course without having met the prerequisites.
Request for Overload Units – Used to request to take more than the maximum number of units allowed in a semester.
Request for Undergraduate to Register for Graduate Course – Used to request permission for an undergraduate student to register for a graduate class, showing that the graduate course meets undergraduate degree requirements.
Transcript Request  – To request a transcript.
Transfer Course Permission – Used to take courses at another institution and transfer them back to Marymount.
Withdrawal from Course Form – Used to drop a course during the current enrolled semester (still registered in at least one course).
Withdrawal from University Form – Used to end your enrollment at Marymount California University.

About Marymount

Marymount California University has two distinct campuses in Los Angeles County, each offering a unique set of learning opportunities.

  • Oceanview Campus, Palos Verdes
  • Waterfront Campus, San Pedro

Currently, first- and second-year students take core courses at our suburban Oceanview Campus. Upper division and graduate courses take place at our urban Waterfront Campus.

Student Learning

In all our programs, MCU ensures that students advance their communication, analysis and decision-making skills, while broadening their appreciation of diverse perspectives and their ability to learn from experience. These Institutional Student Learning Outcomes flow from our commitment to Academic Excellence, Real World Learning and Character Formation.

Student Achievement

Students bring a rich array of talents and interests, leading to many forms of student achievement at MCU. What will you achieve? A distinctive Capstone presentation, surely. What else? Let MCU support your exploration and growth. Discover your interests. Develop your talents. And let your achievements shine.