The generosity and support of Marymount California University alumni, parents and friends enables us to provide the finest liberal arts education and a unique, personalized learning experience for our students. Whether you want to lessen the financial burden of a student, bring new technology to the classroom, support new facilities, or simply better the community, your gift to Marymount California University allows us to fulfill our mission and to provide a quality, values-based education. The Office of Development is available to answer any of your questions at (310) 303-7326.
Ways you can make a difference in the lives of our students:
Unrestricted gifts are among the most valuable to Marymount California University because they allow the University to immediately allocate funds wherever the need is the greatest.
Restricted gifts allow you to designate your gift to a specific program or priority. This gives you the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting a program that is personally meaningful. You can give to a variety of programs, including student scholarships, technology upgrades, campus infrastructure improvements or the Klaus Center for the Arts. The Development Office is available to discuss these and other areas that may be of interest to you. We can be reached at (310) 303-7326.
Types of Gifts
- Gifts of cash This is the easiest way to support Marymount California University. Gifts in the form of credit/debit card transactions, cash or personal checks make funds available for immediate use by Marymount California University and are fully tax deductible as allowable by law. Checks should be made out to Marymount California University.
- Securities and Mutual Fund Shares Gifts of long term, appreciated securities and mutual fund shares offer donors the benefit of deducting the gift, at fair market value, on the date of the transfer to Marymount California University, thereby avoiding capital gains tax on the appreciation of stock. For stock transfer instructions, please call (310) 303-7326.
- Matching Gifts An easy way to double or even triple your donation to Marymount California University is to find out if your company has a matching-gift program. Simply obtain a matching-gift form from your employer’s personnel office, fill it out, and include it with your contribution. We’ll do the rest.
- Planned Gifts Leaving a lasting legacy with Marymount California University can be as simple as including the University as a beneficiary in your will or Living Trust. You may consider a bequest of a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or a residual amount after payment to other beneficiaries is made. We suggest the following wording to include the University in your will or trust: “I give, devise and bequeath to Marymount California University and its successors forever (insert specific bequest amount or describe personal property or real estate).” Informing the University of your intended bequest will allow us to recognize you as a member of the Marymount California University Legacy Circle. You also may wish to consider other deferred giving options such as: Gift Annuities, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Donor Advised Funds, Gifts of Life Insurance and Retirement Plans. To discuss how you may take advantage of any of these giving options with a University representative, please call the Office of Development at (310) 303-7326.
- Gifts of Real Estate Marymount California may accept gifts of Real Estate if the property meets certain standards set by the University. If you are interested in making a gift of Real Estate to the University, please consult with a University representative at (310) 303-7326
- Personal Property A gift of capital assets – rare books, equipment, work of art, and tangible items of demonstrable value – can sometimes be given for educational purposes for the immediate benefit of the University. To discuss this giving option, call a University representative at (310) 303-7326.
- Wire Transfer The University can also accept wire transfers. Please contact the Office of Development for wire transfer instructions at (310) 303-7326.
Marymount offers two convenient ways to give:
1. Use our secure online form click here.
2. Call us at (310) 303-7326.