Lead where you live
In addition to MCU’s clubs, student government, and volunteer and cultural opportunities, students who live in campus housing form lifelong friendships and enjoy a rich variety of social activities, such as:
- Barbecues and luaus
- Pep rallies
- Casino nights
- Movie nights
- Dodgeball/basketball/volleyball tournaments
- Game nights
- Faculty-student dinners
Leadership and employment opportunities
You’ll have many opportunities to develop life and leadership skills while living in residence. The Residence Hall Association is a student-run group that serves as a residential programming board and advocates for students’ needs in the residential life program.
Residential Life employs students ranging from student assistants to community assistants or fitness center employees. For more information about these jobs, contact Career Services.
- Community assistants (CAs) are student leaders who work for the Office of Residential Life, providing support and guidance to new and returning residential students. These students have demonstrated leadership both academically and socially at MCU.
- Residence Hall Association (RHA) governs the residential communities and works alongside the Marymount Student Government Association (MSGA) to provide leadership and advocacy for students. Together, community assistants and the Residence Hall Association plan social and educational activities and events that develop community.
- Student assistants work with the operations coordinator, support the director and work with the associate director of residential life, who focuses on facilities.
- Fitness Center employees work at the new residential Fitness Center and Package Center.