How to Apply

MCU letters on hillside at The Villas

Application and residency requirement

Reserve your spot in the Villas

Living in campus housing is the best way to maximize your college experience.

After you have been admitted and paid your $200 admissions commitment deposit, your next step is to complete the online housing application.

Apply through the student portal. 

At the end of the application, you are required to pay a $175 non-refundable housing application fee by credit card. If you are unable to pay by credit card, please contact Student Financial Services at (310) 303-7335.

Living in residence is an integral part of the Marymount experience. Because the social and interpersonal experiences of residential life play a vital role in student development, all new first- and second-year students, as well as lower-division transfer students, are required to live in residence.

Students transferring to MCU with 29 or fewer credits are required to live in residence for two years.

Students transferring in with 30-59 credits are required to live in residence for one year.

Upper-division transfer students with 60 or more credits are highly encouraged to live in residence, but are not required.

All requests require the residency exemption application available in the student portal. You will need to provide additional documentation to prove you meet one of the exemption conditions. Please email documents to unless otherwise instructed.

Students who are unable to live in residence or are requesting to commute need to meet one of the following criteria and provide required documentation:

  • Transfer student
    You must be transferring at least 40 units from another college or university.
  • Online student
    You must be enrolled in at least 9 units of online courses at MCU. 
  • Financial hardship
    You must have a FAFSA on file and have exhausted all forms of student aid, including loans.
  • Marriage/partnership/dependent
    You must provide a copy of your marriage license/domestic partnership or a dependent’s birth certificate.
  • U.S. military veteran
    You must provide a copy of discharge papers.
  • Part-time status
    You must provide a copy of your updated part-time schedule. Verification will be performed after the last day of the drop-add period each term.
  • 21 years of age or older
    You must provide a copy of valid, legal identification.
  • Disability
    You must provide documentation of disability to Laura Niemiec at, along with the exemption form. We can make accommodations for most medical needs.
  • Live within 20 miles of campus with a parent(s) or legal guardian
    You must provide proof of relationship and a copy of your parent or guardian’s driver’s license/ID showing the current address.

Office of Residential Life & Student Conduct
(310) 303-7317